DSSS Low Power Radio TransceiverSTD-503
The STD-503 is a 2.4 GHz transceiver enclosed in a small compact shield casing designed for industrial applications. The transceiver uses Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) modulation and true diversity circuit, enabling reliable communications even in the congested 2.4 GHz band.
The STD-503 complies with the European EN300 440, U.S FCC Part 15.247, Canadian ISED RSS-210 and Japanese ARIB STD-T66, making it ready for the global market.
Low power consumption and battery operation give the STD-503 the performance demanded for applications where long range and reliability are required.
The transceiver uses a transparent data interface to enable users to communicate using their own protocols. The module's configuration can be set easily via the UART interface using dedicated commands.
Circuit Design developed an onboard ASIC containing SS correlator (a key part of spread spectrum communication). This ensures long term supply for industrial applications
- CE, FCC, ISED and ARIB conformity certification
- Uses direct sequence spread spectrum (DSSS) modulation
- Channel stepping option controlled via CHC pin
- A true diversity receiver ( two built-in receiver circuits)
- Module settings using dedicated commands
- Data communication uses a transparent interface
- Low power operation 77 channels
- Communication LOS: 300 m
- Onboard temperature sensor
- Industrial telecontrol
- Telemetry Systems
|Applicable standard||EN 300 440
FCC part 15.247
|Transmission method||Direct sequence spread spectrum|
|Frequency||2402.5 to 2478.5 MHz|
|Channel spacing||1 MHz|
|Data bit rate||19.2 kbps|
|Chip rate||288 kcps|
|RF connectors||MHF x 2|
|Spreading code||15 Chips||M-sequence
( 111101010001100 )
|-20 to +65 degree C||No dew condensation|
|Supply voltage||3.3 to 5.0 V DC||Absolute max. voltage
|Supply current||48 mA typ. (TX)
55 mA typ. (RX)
|Dimension||40 x 29 x 5.5 mm|
|RF output power||< 10 mW||e.i.r.p.|
|TX data input||Digital L = GND, H = Vref|
|RF Input level||< -13 dBm|
|Receiver sensitivity||-93 dBm||19.2 kbps BER 0.1%|
|RX data output||Digital L = GND, H = Vref|
|RF Data Interface|
|Port||DO / DI / CLK|
|Data bit rate||19.2 kbps||Sync: CLK terminal|
|Port||TXD / RXD|
|Interface||UART communication (RS232C format)|
|UART bit rate||19.2 k / 38.4 k / 57.6 kbps|
|Other parameters||Data length: 8 bits / Parity (None) / Stop bits 2|
Evaluation Tools: TB-STD503
The TB-STD503 evaluation board allows you to evaluate the STD-503 or STD-502-R module and perform range, data packet and switching signal transmission tests.
Onboard LEDs, CH switch, ID switch and push buttons allow you to easily make switching signal transmission tests and packet tests with packet error indication.
The TB-STD503 can also perform pre-programmed frequency hopping sequences by setting the onboard rotary switch.
The boards do not include modules STD-502-R / STD-503. Please order them separately if needed.
- 4-push buttons and output LEDs.
- Channel setting and ID switches
- External input/output pins
- Receiving antenna LED indicatorPacket test function
- One way / two way communication mode setting
- 16 pre-programmed frequency hopping sequences (for STD-503 module only)
- For use with STD-502 or STD-503 module.
- What is the channel step option on the STD-503?
- What is the difference between the STD-502-R and STD-503?
- What is the benefit of DSSS?
- What exactly is the diversity receiver feature in the STD-502-R and STD-503?
- I want to put the RF module in my enclosure? What do I need to be careful of?
- There is a problem with communication range. What is the problem? What should be checked?
- How should the antenna be handled?
- I need help in selecting a CPU to control my module?
- Can Circuit Design module communicate with a tablet?