2.4 GHz Telecommand ModuleNK-2.4Y
The NK-2.4Y is a 2.4 GHz embedded telecommand module that can transmit 8 on/off switching signals incorporating CRC-16 error detection for error free communication. A Hamming distance of 6 helps to minimize any malfunctions.
By setting one module as input mode and another as output mode, it's possible to drive a maximum of 8 outputs from 8 inputs. For example you can connect switches / buttons to the input module and control relays or motors at the output module.
The NK-2.4Y switches between transmit and receive rapidly allowing two way communication between input and output module to constantly monitor the communication link status. By displaying this link status as an output signal from the module, this will help the user stay within the signal coverage area. Frequency hopping minimizes interference from other nearby radio systems on the 2.4 GHz band. There is no need to manage any channels and multiple system operation in the same area is possible.
Low voltage and current consumption allows the module to operate on 2 x 1.5 V or 1 x lithium coin battery.
Communication is 1:1 only (1:N or N:1 not possible).
Note: The external antenna is not included with the NK-2.4Y. If required, please specify the antenna to be used. Refer to the antenna list here.
When the internal pattern antenna is used, please make sure to short the ANT select jumper on the board.
- Module can be set to either input or output mode.
- CRC-16 Error Detection
- Achieves a Hamming distance of 6 to minimize malfunction
- Transmission of max 8 switching signals by connecting simple external circuitry
- Communication LOS: 100 m
- Low current consumption (battery operation on 2 x 1.5 V or 1 x lithium battery (CR2032))
- Rapid two way communication for confirmation of communication link status.
- 1:1 communication only
- Frequency hopping allows multiple systems in one area without concern about channel management
- FCC Part 15, ISED RSS-247, ARIB STD-T66, EN300 440
- Remote Tail lifts on trucks
- Remote control of care lifts on welfare vehicles
- Shutter open and close
Other products related to this product
Multi Channel Telecommand Transmitter and Receiver
|Applicable standard||FCC Part 15
|Communication method||Simplex||Two-way between paired modules|
|Frequency||2403 to 2479 MHz||Frequency Hopping|
|RF output power||1.4 mW||(+20%, -80%)|
|Communication bitrate||250 kbps|
|Communication mode||1:1||(Input mode: Output mode)|
|Input / Output response||30 to 60 ms|
|Antenna||Internal pattern antenna or specified external antennas|
|Supply Voltage||2.2 to 5.5 V DC|
|Operating temperature range||-30 to +65 degree C|
|Dimension||35.3 x 17.8 x 3.5 mm|
|Communication range||100 m||Line of sight|
|Inputs||8 Switch inputs|
|Input voltage range||-0.3 V to REG + 0.3 V||REG = Internal voltage 2.058 to 2.142 V|
|Input voltage threshold||Low Level: 0.4 V (max)
High Level: 1.7 V (min)
|Supply Current||Typ. 3 mA ave.|
|Outputs||8 switch outputs|
|Output voltage range||0.3 V to REG + 0.3 V||REG = Internal voltage 2.058 to 2.142 V|
|Output voltage threshold||Low Level: 0.9 V (max)
High Level: 1.1 V (min)
|Output holding time when communication shutoff||400 ms typ.|
|Supply Current||When linked: Typ. 7 mA ave.
During linking: Typ. 14 mA ave.
|Approved antenna list for NK-2.4Y|
|2.4 GHz telecommand module NK-2.4Y|
|NK-2.4Y demo video – Sensor and LEDs|
Parts Change Notice (PCN)
|PCN2232001 (March 2022)|
Evaluation Tools : TB-NK2.4Y_IN, TB-NK2.4Y_OUT
The TB-NK2.4Y allows you to evaluate the NK-2.4Y and perform simple switching tests. Communication range can be tested easily by checking the LEDs on the output board.
Link status of modules can be confirmed by the LINK LED on both the input and output boards.
Note: Modules on the input and output boards are linked prior to shipment.
- 8-push buttons and output LEDs
- Power, Link and Low battery status indicator LEDs.
- Operation with battery or external power supply
- Terminals for direct connection to module.
- What does Hamming distance (6) used in NK-2.4Y mean?
- For the NK-2.4Y, why can I only transmit switching signals one way when the module is specified as having 2-way communication?
- There is no output signal from the NK-2.4Y?
- The current consumption of NK-2.4Y when linking is 14 mA. Is it possible to reduce this?
- I want to put the RF module in my enclosure? What do I need to be careful of?
- There is a problem with communication range. What is the problem? What should be checked?
- How should the antenna be handled?
- Can Circuit Design module communicate with a tablet?